for when you're bored... or want to argue
You're in prison for a crime you didn't commit. You have 2 years left on your sentence when new evidence is found - this new evidence could clear your name. But if you go back to court you may end up with an extra 10 years in jail. The chances of your name getting cleared is 70% which means you have a 30% chance of getting an extra 10 years in jail. Do you go back to court?
5 6 Tweet
New Answer / Comment— Your name
I'd go back to court because if I don't try, I will have lost all the same. If I am given the 10 extra years, I'd find a way to apply for an appeal. This is why you study the Judicial Branch in 8th grade, people!
The person who found this case won't give up with me even if i fail + 70 percent i can leave and i can also act as a lawyer for myself + Compensation for being in jail
The chances of your release is 70% and the satisfaction of being released is equal to -2 years, because that is what you will take off. But the chances of you going back is 30% and punishment is 10 years. Satisfaction from Release is (-2*.70=-1.4) (made positive because this is beneficial) but the chances of punishment is (0.3*10=3) (Made negative because this is bad.) My choice - Do s more years because 3>1.4.
i would go to court because im a strong believer in fairness and if i was falsely accused then i wouldnt give up till i was out
Yes i will , because i'm not guilty , i want to defend myself and i know that i'm doing anything . i don't deserve any minute of ime in jail , coz i won't do anything .